Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Help me to listen to Your voice, and not the noise of the crowd!

 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not from this world. If it were, those who serve me would fight. They would try to keep the Jewish leaders from arresting me. My kingdom is from another place.” So you are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, that’s the reason I was born. I was born and came into the world to be a witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of truth listens to me.” (Matthew 18:36-37)


I like the following comments:
Although Jesus was the promised Messiah, the one who could rightfully rule over Israel, He refused to become involved in any political issue of his day. We see this in a number of ways. Jesus refused to be made king; He told His disciples not to tell others that He was the Messiah and He also withdrew from confrontation with the religious rulers. In addition, He never incited the people against Rome. All of this was in contrast to false Messiahs. The reason He acted this way has to do with the nature of His kingdom - it was not of this world system(Don Stewart; Blue Letter Bible; https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_789.cfm)
I must admit, I am challenged by the current condition of our society and how believers are/are not responding. If I say something, it might be perceived a certain way despite my heart. Yet if I remain quiet, it reflects another opinion. Well, I received some Good News from Scripture today .  . . in fact from Jesus' own words as He replied to Pontius Pilate while on trial. I will stick with that. 


I, as a CHRISTian, was born to be a witness to the Truth as well! LORD, help me to do just that! Help me to listen to Your voice, and not the noise of the crowd!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...