Wednesday, December 11, 2019

For my young folks:making mention of you in my prayers

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayersthat the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.(Ephesians 1:15-21)
Having a burden for young souls is not an easy calling! Many love working with youth as teachers, coaches, tutors, counselors and then like. All this is commendable and appreciated. Lord knows our kids need folks who care for and develop their talents and gifts. However, having a burden for a youth's soul is not only a privilege, but a real heart-tugging burden . . . burden I gladly embrace yet often struggle to carry out.

I never really know a young heart and soul. I can only see the physical changes and hear the verbal expressions. God alone knows the heart . . . the soul! My burden is to challenge them to really seek and know God in His mercy, power, forgiveness, kindness, compassion, and yes, His discipline. Many times I walk alone in this struggle as even the wise and learned of the world don't see it. The Lord allows me to see into their hearts and I see hurt, doubt, pain, anger,and fear. I hear questions of self-doubt, expressions of anxiety and fear, words of anger and lots of "why" and "how".  I get late night and early morning emails from former and current students alike with questions concerning their life's doubts and decisions. I don't always have the answers . . . but God does!

Please pray along with me as I seek to meet their needs and show them Christ! Souls are in the balance!!!!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...