Thursday, December 5, 2019

A Very Clear PROMISE

Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?” And Abraham said to God, “Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!” Then God said: “NoSarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.  And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year.” Then He finished talking with him, and God went up from Abraham. (Genesis 17:19-22)
This is a very clear PROMISE!  "No", God replied to Abraham, "My covenant I will establish with Isaac". One can not rewrite the bible and say differently, as in the Quran. God's Word is His Word and His PROMISE is His PROMISE!

As we are in the CHRISTmas Season, take a close look at God's PROMISES. God does not change. It is we who change, doubt, fear, and even laugh at God as Sarah once did. (Genesis 18:12) God does have a funny way of doing things at times. But as Abraham and Sarah discovered, He keeps His PROMISES!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...