Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Elohe Tsadeki

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.  Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (James 3:17-18)
Elohe Tsadeki . . . He is the God of my righteousness! The next big thing . . . we all want to have it, experience it, or invent it! Everyone wants it! However, the only real and genuine big thing is, was and always will be God! If we want Him we have to seek Him on His terms and strive to be like Him! He is righteous, good, merciful, grace-full, and humbly strong and mighty. These traits are the total antithesis of the world's view of success; greed, selfishness, power, self-centeredness, and lustful.
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.(Psalm 4:1)

To be like Him we must surrender to Him. The world sees surrender as weakness, not wisdom. Everyone is ruled by something. We are drawn by our desires and needs. What draws you and me?  Are we ruled by the world or by God?
 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.  If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. (1 John 2:28-29)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...