Monday, September 16, 2019

Jesus first!

Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, “Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Then another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father. ”But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead.” (Matthew 8:19-22)
I was reminded of my priorities SONday. Jesus was and is speaking very plainly in Matthew' writings, though it seemed very bit as confusing then as it does now. Jesus first! 

If we are to follow Jesus, it has to be all in or nothing at all. If we want to follow Him, like Him we should not be seeking worldly possessions or acclaim. He had no home. He had no possessions. He trusted God the Father to supply in every situation . . . in the wilderness, at a wedding feast, and upon the cross! Jesus was simply reiterating His earlier words:
 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33)
 Our heart, soul and mind must be fixed upon Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) He must be our first, our only priority! He will take care of the basics!

Today, He just might say, "Trust me . . . Don't sweat the small stuff!"

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...