Monday, September 30, 2019

in God's timing . . . .

As with a breaking of my bones, my enemies reproach me,
While they say to me all day long,
“Where is your God?” Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. (Psalm 42:10-11)
Discouraged . . . it literally means one's courage has been taken! Well, where does courage or hope come from anyway? 
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)
God gives the believer a peace beyond human understanding in times of distress, uneasiness, and yes, even when facing depressing circumstances! We can do all things through Christ Who gives us strength. We are overcomers! We do have victory! But understand it comes in God's timing . . . not our own!
His words to Joshua stand true today: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...