Wednesday, September 11, 2019

91:1....9-11 Peculiar numbers for a peculiar day

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” (Psalm 91:1-2)
Peculiar numbers for a peculiar day . . . 9-11 . . . 9-1-1 . . . 91:1.

8:46 a.m. and 9:37 a.m. are times etched in the hearts and minds of so many. As we remember a most infamous day in our HIStory and honor those who served, sacrificed and are still suffering from the aftermath, we also call upon Him in Whom we place our ultimate trust.

In the wake of 9-11-01, I and many others can vividly recall the very moments we heard the reports and saw the videos. Many of you were in NY, DC, VA and PA that morning. Some have horrifying experiences of the actual events as they served in the aftermath or went through the horrific ordeal personally. Some even experience guilt because they could have or should have been there!

I pray for and yet honor each of you this day and in the days to come. You are heroes all!


Psalm 91:1 became a rallying cry for many in the many days following . . . in private services and yes, even in nationally publicized prayer and memorial services. However, as we have undoubtedly moved on, (and we must) let's never forget the One Who yet still is our refuge and fortress. Even as nations constantly monitor for threats, our only real security lies with our Rock, our Redeemer, our King amid Soon-Coming-Lord of all the armies! He is still God and we have eternal security in Him!

Never forget the day. Never forget the lives lost. Never forget the lives still with hearts left void. NEVER forget the God Who saves and shelters us yesterday, today and forevermore!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...