Monday, August 19, 2019

Let's be real . . .

Let's be real . . . Any believer who thinks he is doing this thing called called life all by himself is fooling himself! This life is nothing but a spiritual battle if It is anything at all! Life without Christ at the helm is worthless, no matter what we say we are.
What/Who is in our heart today? Who rules and overrules our thoughts and decisions?
If you seem like me, it is a constant 24/7 battle of the mind and heart to allow God's Spirit to rule my life. I cannot believe some times how far even my mind can wander. Yet God reels me in, corrects me, rebukes me, and sets me straight. I want Him to have full control, but the battle is real! The world's views we twisted and perverse. Right is now wrong and wrong has become acceptable as right! But not so with God. He has not changed and I must continue to allow Him to control me!
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ . . . (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
Let's be real . . . We cannot do this alone. God the Holy Spirit must be given control for us to honor God! Excuse me self, but you are not my guide anymore. I have given God the authority to take over!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...