Tuesday, July 16, 2019

My sin hurts God and others!

My sin problem is not so much how it affects me, but how it hurts God and other people! You see, this life is not about me! It is about my relationship to God and others! Jesus was plain when He outlined the commandments: Love God/Love people! (Matthew 22:36-40)

 Listen to it in song:


Read Paul's words to those in Corinth: 
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.  For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter.  Therefore, although I wrote to you, I did not do it for the sake of him who had done the wrong, nor for the sake of him who suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear to you.(2 Corinthians 7:10-12)
Realizing my sin hurts God causes me shame. Realizing it hurts those whom I love causes me pain! It hurts! Once I realize this, I get closer to God and His heart. It changes my perspective. I am no longer concerned with how God deals with me, but how I treat Him and others! I can live boldly for Christ under His power when I shift the focusing off of me and place it upon Him and those whom I love.


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...