Monday, July 8, 2019

fully God and fully man

Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.  And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.”  As He spoke these words, many believed in Him. (John 8:28-30)
One mystery of our CHRISTian faith is that Jesus was fully God and fully man! This hypostatic union allowed Jesus to be God, yet choose to remain fully dependent upon God the Father. He was modelling complete dependence upon God for you and me! We are not designed to have hidden super powers like some comic book hero. We are designed to live under the control of Almighty God . . . the Holy Spirit which indwells every genuine believer.


When we do not have the knowledge, He is wise. When we are at a loss for words, He gives us the right words to speak. When we are physically and spiritually weak, He is strong! When we go it alone, we fail. I need to remind myself of a couple of my favorite verses: 

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Do not cast me away from Your presence, a
nd do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. (Psalm 51:10-11)
Jesus was  fully God and fully man, but are we fully depending upon Him? 

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...