Monday, July 15, 2019

Don't be skeeeerd!

Don't be skeeeerd!

“You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you, serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews; how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.  And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.(Acts 20:18-24)
Paul was not afraid of what awaited him in Jerusalem. He knew there would be persecution. Yet he counted it all joy as James would write. ( James 1:2) Paul would also write to Timothy to encourage him through tough times:

Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. (2 Timothy 4:2-4)
We cannot simply share the Gospel and teach it when things are comfortable. Illnesses, financial challenges, emergency room visits, diseases, deaths . . . all part of life and part of why we need Jesus and need to share Him! Remember, diamonds are made under pressure! We were born for times like this . . . 

Let's GO!!!! (Isaiah 6:8)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...