Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Deadly schisms

These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another. “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. (John 15:9-18)
Tolerance . . . Legalism . . . Political Correctness . . . Activism . . . Membership . . . Social Acceptance . . . Choosing Sides . . . .  all tricks of the enemy! He is trying to divided, persuade and create schisms sitting families, friendships and the Church!

Webster defines a schism as division, separation, disharmony. Another site defines schism as a split or division between strongly opposed sections or parties, caused by differences in opinion or belief. 

Deadly schisms are dividing people for sure! However, there is no room or excuse for schisms within the Body of believers! Jesus is clear. We are commanded to follow His teachings and abide in Him, not the world. There are not many truths. There is only one way to honor God. Love Him. Love people. Keep His commandments. (1 John 5:3)

Very plainly: if we as believers want to change the world and make a REAL difference than people need to see Christ and that means we must follow His ways and not choose sides. There is only ONE side to choose . . . HIS! A friend of the world is an enemy of God. 


Which group do you identify with today? Whose side are you on this day? Choose he this day whom you will serve . . . Despite the backlash and criticisms, I choose Christ! (Joshua 24:15)

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...