Friday, June 14, 2019

Fearful World . . . Faithful God!

Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God,  who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began. . . . (2 Timothy 1:6-9)
Fearful World . . . Faithful God . . . . As I ponder the past academic/ministry year, I realize so much was and is out of my hands.

To start the year in September, my wife was informed that her job was cut. Immediately my thoughts went to how we would manage . . .yet my thoughts are not His thoughts. Ten months later . . . We did ok! 


We were wondering what God would do with our twentieth year of teen and family ministry, but as He called my wife back to full time ministry, He also enabled her to start rebuilding the infrastructure and the Board grew in strength and God doubled our membership to over twenty teens at one point. Ten months later . . . .We did ok!

Finally, as we planned our third mission trip serve Puerto Rico this summer, we promised a team of fifteen after taking nine last year. We had twenty- two volunteers and now two months out, we have a solid team of guess what? . . . . FIFTEEN!!!!! A year later . . . We did ok!

It is indeed a Fearful World but a Faithful God! We will be ok!!!!!!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...