Thursday, May 9, 2019

What are we sacrificing for in life?

Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.” And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.” But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:57-62)
What are we sacrificing for in life? Many are planning for high school, college, career, even retirement. Sacrifices are being made for education, sports, jobs and relationships. . . . .weekend travel, caring for elderly parents, tutors, practices, etc.
All well and good . . . or is it? Is all this sacrifice and planning for the future necessary or even good? What is being sacrificed? Have we gotten our priorities a bit misconstrued?
Who are we following and what are we running after? 
 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33
Today I will leave you with these words of Jesus. Think on them . . . .

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...