Tuesday, May 28, 2019

press on

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are aheadI press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)
 At a time if year where most folks are looking back . . .  at educational accomplishments, professional achievements, and even a year of struggles and successes, most are looking forward to some sort of summer break. I know I am!

It's good to look back. However, there is a reason why the rear view mirror is so much smaller than the front windshield: looking forward, the future is so much larger and exciting than the past! God Has so much much in store for the one who loves Him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

Celebrate the past, but press on towarrd the future. God has been there and back and we can trust Him!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...