Wednesday, April 17, 2019

We may NEVER receive the applause of men!

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift ofprophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long andis kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
 Love never fails.  
(1Corinthians 13:1-8)
Whether we preach, teach, or any way we serve God, if our motivation is not to LOVE God, His people or His Church, we do it all in vain. We care a lot of noise, hot air, like a "clanging symbol"!

We may NEVER receive the applause of men. Yet our work for the Lord is NEVER in vain! Jesus was ridiculed, mocked, beaten and killed. No applause...yet now we praise Him!

May others praise God and glorify Him when they see and hear you and me!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...