Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Take heart, not excuses!

This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him. If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.           (2 Timothy 2:11-12)
This is for believers: If we in fact repented, or put to death our former selves, than why do we enjoy the sin we so depise? Yes, it feels horrible! Yes, we feel ashamed! So did Paul, the self- admitted chief of sinners! Yet, he could do all things through Christ Who strengthened him!(Philippians 4:13)
For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. (Romans 7:15)
Take heart, not excuses!  The sin we choose haunts us. It tears us up inside. The guilt eats away at our very soul. Yet if we truly repented, truly admitted our need for Christ's blood, than we are truly redeemed and made alive in Christ! His Spirit has sealed us for His glory! (Ephesians 1:13)
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
Praise God for His sacrificial gift. There is no other way to God!
 

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...