Wednesday, March 20, 2019

To My Mentor and Friend . . . Thank You . . .I Will See You Soon!

Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God, rose from supper and laid aside His garments, took a towel and girded Himself. After that, He poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.......You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.(John 13:3-5,13-15)
 To My Mentor and Friend . . . Thank You . . .I Will See You Soon! As our church family celebrates the life of one of the most humble men I will ever know, I dedicate my morning devotion to Deacon Robert Wingfield, Jr today.

Thank you Deac for your untiring efforts to get me out of the car and into the church some twenty-six years ago. To you and a few others I owe eternal gratitude for bringing me to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! Thank you for showing me how to polish the church pews and vacuum the carpets with my mother-in-law Dot Douglas, whom you must be discussing things with today! Thank you for spending Friday nights with our single fathers bible study group when we most needed you and Jesus. Thank you for allowing me to scrub toilets, mop floors and paint the school walls with you one summer when my family was in need of income. Thank you for being a consistent supporter of our ministry in prayer, encouragement and finances since God called my wife and I to serve. Thank you for showing me how to serve with grace and strength!

The sun (SON) has risen for you and the night has turned into day. You never played church, you represented all that the Body of Christ should be! All you did for Christ is embedded into our hearts and written down in heaven's books! As you would say, "Hallelujah sweet Jesus!"

Well done my friend! Now, finally, you can rest and let us do the work . . . . Only what we do for Christ for last!!!! (Colossians 3:23)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...