Thursday, March 28, 2019

my quiet place

Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed.  And Simon and those who were with Him searched for Him. When they found Him, they said to Him, “Everyone is looking for You.” (Mark 1:35-37)
 Early....alone....prayer....no distractions....just me and God! My quiet place is in my kitchen, way before anyone else is up. I prepare breakfast for my bride and me, coffee for myself, and I sit with my various bible readings and ponder at my tablet about what God is saying to me this new day. No, I am not in the woods, in a closet, or face down on the church altar, but I AM alone with God! It is my quiet place!

Do you have a quiet place . . . a solitary place to meet with our Lord and Savior? If Jesus had a need to alone and in  with His Father, what makes us so different? If He had to withdraw from distractions, why do we believe we can pray with TV, music, and other distractions around us?

I encourage you to set a time and place to be quiet and alone with God daily.  Whether it is early, midday, or evening, make it quiet and alone . . . just you and God!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...