Tuesday, March 19, 2019

It is not about the church, but the WORD!

Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews.  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.” (John 4:21-26)
It is not about the church, but the WORD! I had a conversation with my wife today about where we are headed as a Church Body and I am more convinced than ever that I am either a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative! Sound confusing? Yeah . . . me too!

I see a Church that is blending into the world way too much. I see Christ-followers who follow more closely with the world than the Word. Yet I also understand the need to reach the world with the Word!

I don't buy into the suit and tie on SONday but I love traditional hymns and practices. I also enjoy Christ-centered rap and R&B. The big pompous gatherings and fancy celebrations are ok, but I prefer the small coffee shop/couple-of-guys talks. Big loud youth nights are the thing today, yet I enjoy a conversation with a few kids that starts out with "Who is the G.O.A.T in sports?" and ends up with "Who is the real, eternal, true G.O.A.T.?"!

Caught in between is not so bad. I can relate to quite a few this way. Yet my goal is to have us all relate to CHRIST in Spirit and in Truth! 

It is the WHO and why, not the how, or where . . . .thoughts?
 

No comments:

Stuff will happen

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast,...