Thursday, March 21, 2019

He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner!

And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, “Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.” So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.” Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.” And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:5-10)
Imagine Jesus today if you will; talking among a group of Muslim at at coffee shop, sharing lunch at a local fast food chain with a gay couple, even perhaps free-stylin some hip-hop rap with young folks at a local school cafeteria! Oh my, He's hanging out with sinners!

How do we react to folks who do not look like us, do not dress like us, do not practice our faith or speak like us? After all, they do sin like us and can be saved like us by Jesus Christ . . . but not without us!

Jesus came to seek and save those that are lost in sin; the Jew, the Greek, the black, the white, the male the female, the young the old, the Muslim, the homosexual, the SINNER!

What are we afraid of . . . others being saved from sin and gaining a relationship with our Lord and Savior as well?  You and I have work to do my freinds!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...