Monday, March 18, 2019

Do it out of love!

And when they had received it, they complained against the landowner,  saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’ But he answered one of them and said, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Did you not agree with me for a denarius? Take what is yours and go your way. I wish to give to this last man the same as to you. Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things? Or is your eye evil because I am good?’  So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen.” Matthew 20: 11-16)
 We all have heard athletes and other professionals say they do what they do because they love what they do. It not so much the pay, the prestige, or the rewards, but the love for what one does. That is the kind of teammate, coworker, and friend I want! Do it out of love, not compensation. This gets results!!!!

God calls us to the same attitude as a Christ- follower. We should not be serving Him for the reward, or the pay, or the applause here on earth, but we do it all to the glory of God, so others may want to know Him as well. (Matthew 5:16)  Joy comes in the serving. While promotions are nice and popularity is not bad in itself, knowing one has brought joy to God Almighty and others to salvation is beyond anything this world offers. It has eternal consequences!

Stay focused. Do not allow others' success in the world cause us to faint. It may look as evil is winning and our work is in vain . . . not so! God sees. God knows. God is still at work and still on the throne! (Philippians 1:6)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...