Tuesday, February 12, 2019

"What do I do now?"


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” (John 13:34-35)
 I often near the question from young folks, "What do I do now?" once they accept Christ as Lord and Savior. How do I know what to do? What changes? The answer comes directly from Jesus.

Just before He was about to go through the torture leading up to and including His crucifixion, He was very plain with His disciples: LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU! Jesus LOVED sacrificially! Once accepting Christ as Lord and Savior, we are commanded to put others first and ourselves last!

There is no room for selfishness, greed, hatred, retribution, etc. In other words, we must act "other-worldly"! We are not of this world. (John 15:19, Romans 12:2). The politics, the cultural biases, the social acceptance . . . . not for us who claim Christ as Lord and Savior! If He is our Lord, then we obey Him! He is not simply SAVIOR, but LORD and SAVIOR! You can't have one without the other!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...