Friday, February 22, 2019

be the rock

Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you; but I will teach you the good and the right way.  Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you. (1 Samuel 12:23-24)
Saul had been chosen as the people's king.  God was not good enough for them. They wanted a king like every other nation. Ok. . . . Fine, Samuel said, but I won't stop praying for you!

I like that. It reminds me of my own children and those I teach and mentor. While we all screw up daily, kids tend to wander more often. They have hopes and dreams that do not always line up with what is best. Yet we must allow them to fail, despite the consequences. Then we are there to pick them up and put the pieces back together. Sound familiar? We were once young too!

Samuel said he would not stop praying for Israel nor would he stop teaching what was right. We as the adults and mature ones must stand our ground. We cannot give in to be the friend or the enemy , but simply the Godly example and model. We must be the rock!

As a parent, grandparent, educator and mentor to youth, it is a challenge indeed. Yet our kids need a stable place to go. They need a shelter to run. The need a strong fortress that remains standing despite an unsettled world. They desire honesty and consistency. They want real love and genuine care . . . this can only come from a sound Godly perspective!

Don't stop praying for our young people and teaching what is right!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...