Tuesday, January 15, 2019

We have more than hope, we have evidence!

Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.
How long will you attack a man?
You shall be slain, all of you,
Like a leaning wall and a tottering fence.
They only consult to cast him down from his high position;
They delight in lies;
They bless with their mouth,
But they curse inwardly. Selah
My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved. (PSALM 62:1-6)
So what moves us? Who inspires us? How are we motivated?

David placed his hope and trust in God alone. There was no incarnate Christ yet. There was no resurrection yet. His hope was in the promises of God!

What can we learn from this? If David could wait upon a promise yet to come, can we not live for the Promised One Who will come again? We have more than hope, we have evidence!

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...