Thursday, January 31, 2019

That's good news indeed!!!

Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”  Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. (Matthew 18:21-22)
Peter may not have quite understood Jesus' teaching here, but he sure did later when Jesus reinstated him after His resurrection! (John 21:15-19)

How often do we expect people to forgive us when we ask? All the time, right? So then, how often do we just as easily forgive others who wrong us? Well now...... Yet we pray for God to forgive us only as we forgive others! (Matthew 6:12)

God keeps no record of wrongs! (1 Corinthians 13:5) That's good news indeed!!!  So we, in the image of God and calling ourselves His children, should strive to forgive in like manner. Yes, we will remember, but we cannot allow that to rule our hearts! To move on in life, we must learn to forgive easily . . . . even ourselves!

Let's say it together, "I forgive you!" There, that's better!!!!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...