Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Same me . . . Same God. . . . Different attitude. . . Different decisions!

So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,“Simon, son of 
Jonah, do you love Me more than these?”
He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”
He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”
16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon,son of  
Jonah, do you love Me?”
He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”
He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”
17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”
And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”
Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 
(John 21:15-17)
New year? New me? Not really! We are still who we are, but our decisions can change. With Christ, even our mis-steps can not only be forgiven, but wiped out!
Like Peter, Christ offers restoration. Rather than seeking a "new me", I am seeking a "restored me"... One who is able to move on in Christ, seeking a deeper relationship with Him and not the world.
The world has its standards, but God has His very own. His will for me is designed for me. I will be dedicated to Him and to serve Him and let the chips fall where they may.
Is there a better choice?
Same me . . . Same God. . . . Different attitude. . . Different decisions!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...