Sunday, January 20, 2019

I may not be pleasing people


The fear of the Lord leads to life,
And he who has it will abide in satisfaction;
He will not be visited with evil.              (Proverbs 19:23)
Having an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, brings peace. When the world, yes even the believing world, comes against me for being too religious, too biblical, too strict, I can only rest in my relationship with Christ. I may not be pleasing people, but I am trying to please the Lord! It is He who I will be with for eternity and He who matters most.

In fact, my love and commitment for Christ is many times construed as "hate" for the people around me!(Luke 14:26)

I find myself explaining myself way too many times. I am stressed that others doubt my motives to the point where I simply want to be silent....just me and Jesus! I want to retreat into my own private space with no one else...yet I cannot because of the push from the Spirit to "go!"

What about you?

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...