Saturday, January 19, 2019

Are we choosing society over scripture?

“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.(John 17:20-23)
Perfect unity....that's what Jesus prayed for and I am sure is STILL praying for us who call ourselves Christ-followers.

Yet we are divided in so many ways! We hold tightly to culture, family history, and political ties; not to mention peer pressure at school, work, and community. We are so afraid to step out and declare our Christ-centered beliefs over socially and culturally accepted norms!

Are we choosing society over scripture?

Scripture tells us that there were two types of people....Jew or Greek. Today that would work out to Christian or Non- Christian...saved or unsaved. There is no hyphen except for Christian-...... Christ comes first! However, as I witness office chatter, social media debates, even small group church settings, I experience much of the opposite!

"Why is that?", I ask. Many times I know if I make a comment, it will be misunderstood or challenged. Yet if it is in scripture and we are "one", then why?

I realize there are personality differences and personal experiences in life, yet Christ calls us to set aside things that divide us and to become one!

We reflect to the world what the Kingdom of God should and will be! We are either inviting the lost in or chasing them away. I can't have that on my soul! We are His ambassadors; seeking and saving the lost, with everything we do every day. We cannot afford to allow anything to separate anyone from the love of God!

For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Roman's 8:38-39)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...