Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Will we allow Jesus in to stay?

Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at  Jesus’ feet and heard His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.” 41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke 10:38-42)
Familiar story...simple message: Will we allow Jesus in to stay?

This CHRISTmas, will we allow Jesus into our activities, our homes, our lives, our hearts? Like with Martha and Mary, Jesus wants to come and visit, sit with us, enjoy our company. His desire however, is to STAY! He desires that we be with Him for eternity, not simply a few hours.

Will we allow Him in this CHRISTmas . . .or chase Him away?

Merry CHRISTmas to all my students and families as this begins our CHRISTmas break. My prayer is that all of you embrace our Savior for all eternity!

1 comment:

Lydia L said...

That's right! Thank you Mr. Carroll! God bless you!

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...