Tuesday, December 4, 2018

His terms

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.(2 Peter 3:8-9)
God loves everyone and surely wants everyone to be with Him for eternity. That's the Good News. He sent Jesus to suffer in our place to assure it.  However, it is on His terms, not ours!

Moses, Abraham, Peter, Paul, all struggled with their egos and own desires. Jacob
"wrestled" with God.(Genesis 32:22-32) Paul found himself doing things he should not do. (Romans 7:15-20) Moses was frustrated and angry. (Numbers 20:10-11)

Like those above, I too struggle with God, His will, and my decisions. Yet He still loves me, guide me, and He saves me! He patiently allows me to struggle. I am coming to accept His terms slowly.....

Lord, help me to follow You more closely and be more patient with others, as You are with me!

No comments:

Stuff will happen

Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast,...