Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Are we simply to busy for Jesus?

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. (Revelation 3:20)
Jesus is waiting . . . knocking . . . calling . . . . texting . . . . left an email. Yet we have ignored all His efforts to contact us. Had we taken the time to simply answer, open, reply . . .what would life be like? Are we simply to busy for Jesus?

Not only is salvation at hand, but so is opportunity! If we would only take a minute to reply to an email, follow up on a text, anwer the phone (as my wife constantly reminds me!), or even speak to a person beyond a simple "what's up", how would life change?

In this microwave, hurry-up world, we all need to slow down a bit and take time to listen, respond, be interested, and care. Who knows what opportunities may be out there of which we do not know. Jesus may just be alerting us to something big!

A former student reminded me of a verse we all take for granted (Jeremiah 29:1) just yesterday. It still holds its promise today. God has a plan for each of us but we must be in tune to Him. Seek His will . . .open to His call . . .let Him in!!!!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...