Friday, December 28, 2018

What are our plans?

 12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.
 (Genesis 9:12-15)

God resolved to never destroy the entire earth again by flood. He keeps that promise and sealed it with the rainbow! 

Noah had a fresh start. I wonder what his resolution was...what was his plan for the new earth and new life, being one of the few humans along with his sons and daughters in law? It had to be rather intimidating!

We all face a new year with many various challenges. What will we decide? What are our plans? Are determined to live out God's will or our own? 

Seek God. Make decisions. Find someone to keep us accountable. Stick to His plan no matter the circumstances!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...