Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Thankful? Really? Why?


There are many plans in a man’s heart,
Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. (Proverbs 19:21)
So it's time to plan and prepare for Thanksgiving and the coming CHRISTmas Season....Family, food, friends, football....memories! 

Thankful? Really? Why? Things have not gone my way lately! Yet this morning, these scriptures were brought to my heart.....
 A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.         (Proverbs 16:9) 
...we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces [b]perseverance; and perseverance, [c]character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us (Romans 5:3-5)
Over the past two years my family has experienced a lot of unplanned things....vehicle breakdowns, emergency home repairs, sudden loss off income, emergency room visits, and the passing of our mothers. But God remains faithful. Listen to these words from Paul...
 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose...(Romans 8:26-28)
We do not always know the WHY.  Yet we always knowm the WHO! God really does know best. I am thankful He has been to tomorrow and back! What can happen that God does not know about anyway? The question is, "Do I trust Him?"

I trust Him with my life and my family! Despite the setbacks, we trust Him and know He is with us. In whom else can I possibly place my trust? That's why I am thankful!

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...