Thursday, October 18, 2018

More like Him . . . What a Character!

What a Character . . .this God I serve! How can He care so much for a sinner like me yet be so Holy? How can He have so much power yet be so Gentle? How could He have created so much yet He loves and cherishes one like me who fails daily?
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.(2 Peter 3:9)
The people of the Old Testament witnessed this patience yet viewed God as a menacing and punishing God. They quarrelled and questioned Him. We have witnessed a sacrificial God, sending Jesus to suffer and die for our sin so we do not have to suffer.  Yet we now take advantage of that and sin despite His sacrifice!

Lord, let me really feel Your character this day. Help me not only to receive Your love and patience and forgiveness, but to share it with others as well. Perhaps that will allow me to really know Your character and by sharing it, I can be more like You!

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...