Friday, October 12, 2018

Image is everything?

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows very well.

My frame was not hidden from You ,
When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed .
And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. (Psalm 139:13-16)
Alwys trying to look like someone else or  be someone else. . . Hair like hers, clothes like him, shoes like that or cars like that. Image is eveything in this world! Ahh, but if  we could live as God intended:
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33)
Seek the image God has designed for each of us. Live out His purpose! Do His will. Seek to be like Him and His image. As the psalmist wrote, God designed us before there were even days for us to live! He made us unique. Why try to be someone we are not and be frustrated trying to accomplish what we were not designed to do?

In the grand puzzle, we are all a unique piece.  Just where we fit in is God' s design. No two pieces alike. What would our churches, our families, our world be like if we all would live how God designed? God's image is everything!

No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...