Tuesday, September 4, 2018

right where God has us

For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide Even to death.(Psalm 48:14)
 So we find ourselves at the end of another summer, which was full of work, family fun and as usual, some unexpected changes! After some wonderful travel, both family and ministry, and weeks full of excitement, reality struck! Our A/C unit went out, my wife experienced a sudden change in employment, and on our ministry planning session away, our car broke down several times! We "limped" back home on God's grace!

 Yet, we are right where God has us. . . in His will and totally dependent upon Him . . . again!!!! After twenty years of ministry, God is still God! No matter what we think "we" do, God has a unique way of reminding us that He is still God.

As the Psalmist writes in the verses above, "this IS God."  He will always be my guide! Do I always follow? Well . . . . .

However, this is my goal. This is my prayer. While I hardly ever understand the "why" or the "when", I know for sure the "Who" and He knows me. He knows what I need and when I need it.

Lord, keep me focused upon You and not my circumstances. Be my Guide through it all so You receive glory!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...