Monday, August 13, 2018

More Salt and Light

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you[b] will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. (JOHN 15:5-8)
There is a lot of turmoil in our world, our nation, our communities and our families. Most of it is a result of sinful choices and sinful people doing what we do best . . . SIN!

So what can you and I, followers of Jesus Christ, do about it? Some choose to hide behind the cross and let everyone and everything go to hell, so long as "me and my house" (Joshua 24:15) are secure. So then how is that "loving thy neighbor" (Mark 12:31)?

Others call out sinners as if they themselves have never sinned, yet none of us are good! (Romans 3:23)

What is the proper response?

May I suggest the verses listed in the opening? John advises us to stay connected to Jesus. The Holy Spirit can only work through us if we allow Him control. It takes hard decisions to give Him control over feelings, emotions, and reactions. It takes practice, patience, and and inner Peace knowing God is our Source and not this world.

I have experienced much in the way of disappointments, anxious moments, unexpected occurences and other rather unbelievable circumstances in the past year or so. I have not always reacted in the way God would have me . . . but I hope I am learning! I need to shed more Salt and offer more Light. Less of me and more of Him (John 3:30). Whether it is family, friends, job, or society, it is all about winning souls and making disciples! Do we trust Him or not?

Let's commit to stay connected to the Vine and allow His fruit to develop.

No comments:

Just wanna say "Thank You . . . Gracias Señor!"

Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1Thessalonians 5:16-1...