Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Committment...All In?

For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
13 Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.(2 Timothy 1:12-14)

What has happened to committment today? Whether in the secular world or within CHRISTian circles, it seems to be a "what have you done for me lately?" world. 

People leave churches at the drop of a hat. Family members even attend different churches! Students switch schools based upon won/lost records of sports teams. Adults change jobs chasing dollars. Spouses seek temporary pleasure rather than lifetime relationships. 

Paul warns and admonishes Timothy to hold fast to what he has learned with the aid of God the Holy Spirit. I am trying my best to "hold fast"! 


Since Christ rescued me, I have been committed to my church since being saved in 1992. Why? The Word is still being preached! I have been with my wife through ups and downs for 21 years...learning from past mistakes and scriptual instructions. It is a covenant with my bride and God. I have been educated as a missionary and bible teacher through church, university and seminary.  My family attends church with me and serves with me. My brides serves beside me in ministry. My son attends the school I serve. I won' t cave in to political correctness or cultural bias.

I won't quit.....I can't quit!

Yet others have QUIT on me. I have been fired for not "fitting in". I have been shunned for not meeting the "look". My dedication has at times been mistaken for not being "all in". To say the least, I have been scarred, battered, and bruised. 

Yet I am who God created me to be....unique, different, outspoken, dedicated, committed and ALL IN! We as a family are committed to God first and to His people. (Joshua 24:15) So despite the circumstances presented...

I won't quit....I can't quit!



No comments:

Yes vs No . . . Do not cheat God and family!

But my eyes are fixed on You, Sovereign Lord; in You, I take refuge—do not give me over to death. Keep me safe from the traps set by evil...