Tuesday, July 17, 2018

There is Still Time

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,  speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. (1 Timothy 4:1-4)

Have we taken a serious look at the wood today? As one who works closely with the teens of today (as well as raising one and having grandkids close to teenage years), I have a close ear on the pulse of their social circles.

Some things I hear include;
          " Why is cursing so wrong?
          " Just because my friends do it doesn' mean I will."
          "Why can't I play video games all day?"
          " It's ok for teens to see 'mature' movies and videos."
           "It's ok to have sex if the couple is engaged,"
           "Masturbation is wrong?"
           "The bible is out of date."
           " What if God is not real and the bible is not true?"
           "Do I really have to go to church? Can't I just stay home and go to church on                     line?"
            "I was born this way!"
            "I'm not Jesus!"

Satan is planning out his strategy step by step, generation by generation. He is infiltrating the minds of our youth. Yet I love the fact that today's teens are questioning and debating! They could be simply accepting the "new normal".

But we still have a chance while it is still today.(Hebrews 3:13)

#burdenedforyouth

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...