Saturday, July 21, 2018

Family of God

While at the Douglas Family reunion....a more than sixty year tradition, I am reminded of what it means to be adopted into God's family. This historic (Frederick Douglass) and proud family has taken me in when even my own blood and personal friends have pushed me aside; Much like the family of God welcomes the outsider and stranger from a sin-sick world into the royal family of Almighty God. A gift I do not deserve, but am grateful to accept . . .
Thanking God for His many gifts, especially His grace and mercy and eternal life in Him!
But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. (Galatians 4:4-5)

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...