Thursday, July 12, 2018

Faith or Fear?

And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. 25 Great multitudes followed Him—from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan. (Matthew 4: 23-25)
In this world we will have various trials, challenges, and PAIN . . . .    emotional, physical, relational, etc. My constant struggle is to know when to seek help or share the challenges and when to suck it up and bear the burden individually. Too many times I go it alone.

What about you?

I usually take the road of bearing the burden inwardly, first asking God to heal, whether it be an emotional or spiritual battle or even my physical pains. After all, JESUS is not simply a doctor, but a HEALER! He did not prescribe medication or therapy as often as He would simply say, "Get up and walk!". (John 5:8) I don't cherish others knowing I am in pain or seeing me in pain. Either way, I feel like I am being a burden.

I do not enjoy doctors, hospitals, or medications. I prefer to have a testimony saying God did it. However, as my wife always reminds me, God also gives us common sense and doctors (medicine). While I can stand a lot of pain, I cannot bear to see her suffer for me . . . and she does! Yet, I struggle between my faith in God and my fear of the white coats!

So, if you find yourself like me, guys especially, let's ask God for wisdom as often as we ask for healing! His grace is still sufficient and so is His wisdom! God, please give us bot

No comments:

Anxious? Fearful? Unsure? Seek His PEACE minute by minute.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the...