Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Others' Gifts Are Not Threats But Assets

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money!  You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you.  For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity. ”Then Simon answered and said, “Pray to the Lord for me, that none of the things which you have spoken may come upon me.” (Acts 8:18-24)
 Others' gifts are not threats but assets! We may think this kind of thing never happens within our churches today, but sadly it does. Some want all the attention and all the power. Some seek position. Some seek acclaim. Some even seek the money. They do not seem to mind whom they hurt in the process . . . in fact they are so blinded by their own arrogance that they may not even know anyone is being hurt or how many are being offended!

God help us! It is a challenge to pray for others who are hurting us, especially when those we love are also hurt. When bitterness and iniquity set in, it is hard to break and at times hard to even expose. Satan is also at work and can deceive many!

Yet like Peter, as many times as I have been hurt, I pray I too do not become like Simon, but simply seek to use my gifts where they are welcomed in order to please God, not man. I do not want to become angry and bitter myself. These are trying times. God is still God.

Lord please, if it is Your will, show up now. Bind Satan!!!! Be glorified!!!!!

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...