Friday, May 25, 2018

Embrace Suffering

And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.  And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.(Acts 5:40-42)
Worthy to suffer? Who would say that today? Keep on doing what we were told not to do at risk of punishment and even death? Maybe in in other countries, but the U.S. . .?
What love and devotion to Christ!

However, what God has set in place will occur. The question is, "Will you and I join Him?" I want to be used, but am I willing to suffer for it?

Will I EMBRACE SUFFERING?

No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...