Tuesday, May 29, 2018

a time to look back and ahead . . .

Now Saul was consenting to his death. At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison. (Acts 8:1-3)
Going back to school after the Memorial Day Holiday is always special. It is a time to close out school, say so-long to students and families for the summer or to other schools,  celebrate victories and lament over shortcomings. It is a time to look back and ahead!

Personally too . . .

Have I allowed God full reign in my life? How has He changed me and where have I resisted His will? Have I grown as much as He would like me to grow or have I slipped back into some areas of sin?

Like Paul, I too have a "Saul" to remember. He still haunts me at times. It's still a battle of good and evil of which I pray I am allowing Good more freedom to rule in my life. That is my desire .  .  .

Lord, help to surrender more . . .all!


No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...