Tuesday, April 3, 2018

I am not my past!

So the men said to her: “We will be blameless of this oath of yours which you have made us swear, 18 unless, when we come into the land, you bind this line of scarlet cord in the window through which you let us down, and unless you bring your father, your mother, your brothers, and all your father’s household to your own home. 19 So it shall be that whoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall be on his own head, and we will beguiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood shall be on our head if a hand is laid on him. 20 And if you tell this business of ours, then we will be free from your oath which you made us swear.” (Joshua 2:17-20)

Rahab had a rather dark reputation. . . . so did Mary Magdelene, Peter, Paul, and others. I do also! If not for the scarlet thread running throuh the bible, we all would be lost in our past. But the blood.......

I do not belong to my past. Like Rahab and the Jews leaving Egypt, the scarlet blood of the Lamb removes my past guilt and gives me the righteousness of Christ, my Savior and Lord.

Despite

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...