Monday, April 16, 2018

Abiding in closer fellowship with Jesus


I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.  (John 15:5-8)
 After taking a group of our ministry teens to Liberty University this weekend and attending worship at Thomas Road Baptist Church, I now finally realize how important it is to stay in close relationship with the Lord. Though I knew this, to  experience it is quite different!

His hand is truly upon this University and church. His thumbprint is everywhere as my wife says. Knowing from where God has brought this place and the future plans is nothing but the work of God through the faith of Dr. Jerry Falwell, Sr., his sons and countless others who walked with him.

My family and I are now blessed to be part of the legacy of Liberty. I am challenged to walk in closer fellowship with my Lord and Savior to have His hand on us and our ministry plans as well as our family.

Lord, just a closer walk with thee . . . . lead me, guide me, use me!

No comments:

4-24-24 . . . .backward and forward . . . today is today no matter how we write it.

Today is 4-24-24. No matter if we write it forward or backward, it is still 4-24-24. This reminds me of my scripture today . . . Look at God...