Thursday, March 15, 2018

Seeing and Serving

Then the Lord said to him, “This is the land of which I swore to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have caused you to see it with your eyes, but you shall not cross over there.”  So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LordAnd He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day.  Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished. (Deuteronomy 34:4-7)
We read here that even at 120 years old, Moses has lots of energy and great vision! He had lived a full life, despite issues with the Egyptians, the Jews and even with God! Yet He walked with God and He SAW God and He SERVED God in spite of his issues.

Moses clearly saw the Promised Land. But he would not see it in person...only from a distance. He had served God despite the issues he had. He had been honest with God and God had been honest with him. What a friendship. What a relationship!

SEEING and SERVING . . . right up until the end.

Despite my issues God, help me to truly SEE the vision You have for me and help me to SERVE You right up until the end. I want to SEE You!



No comments:

Reassurance . . . Encouragement

Sometimes we all need some reassurance . I know I do lately.  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing k...