Tuesday, March 6, 2018

God FORBID!!!!!

And Moses said to Aaron, “What did this people do to you that you have brought so great a sin upon them?” So Aaron said, “Do not let the anger of my lord become hot. You know the people, that they are set on evil.  For they said to me, ‘Make us gods that shall go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.’ And I said to them, ‘Whoever has any gold, let them break it off.’ So they gave it to me, and I cast it into the fire, and this calf came out.” Now when Moses saw that the people were unrestrained (for Aaron had not restrained them, to their shame among their enemies),  then Moses stood in the entrance of the camp, and said, “Whoever is on the Lord’s side—come to me!” And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together to him.  And he said to them, “Thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘Let every man put his sword on his side, and go in and out from entrance to entrance throughout the camp, and let every man kill his brother, every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.’”  So the sons of Levi did according to the word of Moses. And about three thousand men of the people fell that day. (Exodus 32:21-28)

We often ask, "How could the Jews do such a thing right in front of God?"  How can you and I do it today? We claim to possess the Holy Spirit yet we outight and consciously choose sin day after day, excusing it away by saying "I'm trying", "Well, I'm not Jesus", or "God understands me". We blame others as Aaron did (Exodus 32:22-24). But in this case, many died! (Exodus 32:27-28)

Thank God for grace! However, that cannot excuse our actions. We must do better! God forbid! (Romans 6:15)

Lord forgive me for outright sin! Help me to see You more vividly and to choose You over my selfish desires.

No comments:

Holy Week '24 . . . be used gladly!

Do everything without grumbling or arguing , so that you may become blameless and pure , “children of God without fault in a warped and cro...