Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Get things in order...Remember Mom!

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home. (John 19:25-27)
I remember praying for God's mercy for my mom, whom I could not communicate with for her last ten years of life due to dementia. My close friend and confidant, the one who knew me best, no longer knew me, her baby son! God finally took her home in July of 2016 while I was serving on a mission trip in New Orleans. She was now cared for by the King! She would be in good hands! It was answered prayer!

My prayer is similar for my mother-in-law today, battling lung cancer against all odds for the past five years . . . have mercy Lord...care for her as only You can. Don't allow her to suffer so much pain after caring so deeply for so many for so long.

Jesus knows our love for Mom. He cared deeply for His mother. No doubt they spent much time together as Joseph probably passed away early on in His life. He was grieved to see her suffering so at the foot of the cross! He directed John, the youngest apostle to look after her. It was hard to leave her, but He left her in good hands.

May we honor our moms in such a fashion Lord . . .

 Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. (Exodus 20:12)

No comments:

Stay focused!

Stay focused . . . Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the ...